Friday, March 6, 2009

First Week on Our Own

What a week! This was the first one on our own... with no help. The girls were in the hospital for their first month and then we had wonderful family members helping us the next five weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel much more comfortable and confident with the girls than I did when they first came home.

  • On Tuesday, the girls had their first round of shots. Bob took the afternoon off to go with us. I am very glad he did - the nurse pulled out the first needle and I knew I wouldn't be able to watch. Bob held the girls on his lap for their shots. They both did wonderful - only cried for a few minutes and then slept!
  • On Wednesday, I was able to give both girls a bath by myself, which I felt was an accomplishment. We figured out a system that worked - at least for that time. The girls both enjoy the bathroom lights and running water. :)
  • It's also getting easier to feed both girls at the same time, which saves a lot of time and crying.
My amount of "blogging" dropped this week due to the fact that whenever both girls were sleeping (which didn't happen often) - I chose other activities than getting on the computer such as eating, making bottles, closing my eyes, etc...

Here are some pictures from this week - we're still working on the videos:)
Ashley's Tummy Time

Bradley Girls! Ashley (left) and Allison (right) didn't like me taking time to take their picture before feeding them.
Calmer...after the bottlesAllison smiling again at the ceiling fan
Happy Girl Ashley hanging out

A Not-so-Happy Allison - the only thing that calmed her down... my hair dryer

Allison (left) and Ashley (right) ready for a ride in the truck!

Isn't it wonderful having a sister??? YES! Allison in stripes & Ashley in white

No comments: